Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Worldwide Association of Notable Alumni (“WWANA”), and thank you for visiting us. Carefully review the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS before using this website or any associated Services. Your use of this site or the Services described below indicates your acceptance of these terms.
Our TERMS AND CONDITIONS apply to all activity occurring on this https://www.wwana.com including all pages on the wwana.com domain, any related domains, third-party domains hosting intellectual property, blogs, social networking properties, member databases, and internal or e-mail submissions, regardless of whether they are specifically referenced herein (“the Services”).
By using the Services, you warrant that (a) you are competent to understand and abide by the terms; (b) you have read and understand the terms; (c) you agree that the terms are valid; (d) you have entered into a legal agreement with Who's Who Among Distinguished Alumni, Inc.; and (e) you agree to abide by the terms during your use of the Services. If you disagree with any of the terms set forth below, you should not use the Services and you should immediately contact WWANA’s Membership Services department. Please be aware that WWANA may amend the terms and conditions from time to time, with all changes posted here. Your continued use of the Services further warrants that you accept any amendments WWANA may make.
Statement of Non-Affiliation
WWANA Membership Benefits
WWANA is a New York based premier international registry and networking forum dedicated to aggregating and honoring top professionals, executives, and business owners of organizations, businesses, and associations throughout the world. WWANA is more than just a registry of accomplished individuals. Our mission, is to provide a full service online networking platform, designed to provide our members with the tools and means to make long lasting and valuable connections. As detailed below, WWANA offers a large selection of products and services, with each program tailored specifically to suit the diverse needs of our members:
Complimentary Basic Membership – Limited Benefits / Non-Interactive: A basic membership with WWANA is free of charge. The Basic Membership entitles the member to a basic listing within the WWANA's member database which is searchable by other members of WWANA, only. A Basic Membership is not interactive, and does not permit the member to actively use the services beyond what is described in other levels of membership.
Paid Membership – Enhanced Benefits: Experience has shown that WWANA members reap benefits in proportion to the degree of commitment and active participation they give to their membership. To maximize our members’ opportunities, WWANA has developed tiers of Services which maximize member participation. Enhanced Benefits include: seminars, speaking opportunities, full search capability of our professional online networking database, continuing and professional education, and much more, which are offered to paid members at several different membership tiers.
WWANA Membership & Renewals
All paid WWANA memberships are for the agreed upon term commencing from the date of registration. Your WWANA membership will not automatically renew at the end of the term. Beginning approximately, thirty days (30) prior to the end of your membership term, you will receive a personal phone call from a WWANA staff member along with multiple notification emails reminding you that your membership is set to expire, along with instructions on how to renew your membership.
Upon registration and payment, WWANA automatically sends you a welcome email containing your login information, as well as, a link to these Terms & Conditions which you are required to read and accept and acknowledge prior to immediately benefitting from the WWANA services that you have subscribed for. WWANA systems track and log your acknowledgment of the Terms & Conditions, and maintains a record of your access to the services.
Immediately upon your registration, acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, WWANA will automatically complete your initial membership profile on our database so you will start receiving the benefits of your annual membership without delay. At the same time, WWANA automatically enrolls you in the ancillary benefits through our business partners and pays for your enrollment up-front. WWANA annual membership sales are final, as is discussed below.
If enrolling by phone and paying by credit card your verbal authorization to charge your credit card will be recorded and kept on file, and our Compliance Team reviews each recording to confirm that authorization was given. In the rare event that authorization was not clearly recorded, WWANA will contact you to explain and receive a clear confirmation.
All Membership Sales Final
WWANA delivers its services to you immediately upon your subscribing to our service. At that time, WWANA pays to enroll you in its third-party programs, to complete and manage your profile, and for each of your tier-specific benefits. As your membership coordinator explains during your phone interview, all of WWANA's annual membership sales are final and fully-consummated at the time of your annual subscription and you agree that WWANA may collect all outstanding dues by charging the credit card provided at the time of original sale. There are no refunds of your annual membership fee, or other paid for services.
Use of Member Database
WWANA expressly reserves the right to use all information members provide in association with their basic or advanced profiles, including name, geographic data, professional data, and other information, keeping in mind that we are very judicious with the use of our members’ information and make every effort to identify opportunities that are beneficial to our members.
Use of Services and Proprietary Information
The Services and all information provided within the Services are the intellectual property of WWANA and are proprietary to WWANA (“Proprietary Information”). As such, all Members of this website, the Services or Proprietary Information agree that the Proprietary Information is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and/or other intellectual property laws, and that the unauthorized use, copying or appropriation of the Proprietary Information may subject the user to civil and/or criminal liability and/or termination of your membership privileges.
WWANA makes its Proprietary Information available only to members, for the express purpose of furthering WWANA's mission. The provision of Proprietary Information constitutes a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, granted only for this purpose and no other. Members acknowledge that the Services are subject to change according to the needs of WWANA's members, as determined solely by WWANA and without specific notice to Members. Members and users further acknowledge that circumstances may arise in which the Services are found to contain errors or other deficiencies, but that WWANA shall have no liability to Members and users in the event such circumstances arise. In addition, Members and users agree that interruptions may periodically occur, and that WWANA shall have no liability to Members and users for such interruptions. Specifically, Members and users agree that they have assumed these risks in exchange for the benefits WWANA provides through its Services and other offline opportunities.
Members and users may not engage in any of the following conduct with respect to any of WWANA’s Proprietary Information, including Proprietary Information found or hosted on third-party sites, social media platforms, etc. All such conduct is forbidden, and Members and users agree that the following types of conduct may give rise to civil and/or criminal liability, and/or termination of your membership privileges:
- Reproduction, in any form by any means and through any forum, of the Proprietary Information without the express written authorization of WWANA
- Modification, distribution or republication of the Proprietary Information for any purpose other than that of furthering the WWANA mission
- Transfer of the Proprietary Information to any other person, entity or third-party without the express written authorization of WWANA
- Removal of or obscuring any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from the Proprietary Information
- Granting any non-member or other third-party access to or use of the Services or Proprietary Information without the express written authorization of WWANA
- Participation in any conduct which disrupts or in any way interferes with the intended use or operation of the Service
- Participation in any conduct which in any way interferes with another member’s use of the Service
- Participation in any conduct which in any way attempts to reverse-engineer any of the Services or Proprietary Information, or which in any other way attempts to decompile any of the proprietary Information
- Participation in any conduct which otherwise violates the Terms and Conditions
Members and users specifically acknowledge that the Services and Proprietary Information may contain WWANA’s copyrighted material as well as its trade/service marks, and further acknowledge that nothing in these Terms & Conditions, or any other aspect of membership, confers any ownership interest in WWANA’s copyrighted material or marks. Members and users acknowledge that ownership of WWANA Proprietary Information, copyrighted materials and marks are exclusively WWANA’s. Members and users agree that they have no interest in any intellectual property belonging to third-parties but licensed to WWANA’s use in association with the Services or Proprietary Information. Any attempt to alter, remove, copy or otherwise misappropriate any such intellectual property shall be deemed a material breach, subjecting the user to forfeiture of membership as well as civil and/or criminal liability, and/or termination of membership privileges.
If, in WWANA’s sole discretion, a user or Member is found to be in breach of these terms, WWANA reserves the right to terminate the offending user’s license(s) as well as their membership status. WWANA expressly reserves all other rights and remedies that may be available in the event of such a breach.
Confidentiality of Proprietary Information
Members and users agree that all Proprietary Information is confidential and that the sole ownership of such information rests with WWANA and shall not be transmitted in any manner without the express, written authorization of WWANA. Members and users further agree that all Proprietary Information is trade secret-protected, in that it is independently valuable, not generally known within the industry outside of WWANA and its limited licensees to whom it is provided solely in furtherance of WWANA’s mission, provides WWANA with a competitive advantage in the marketplace, kept secret and subject to reasonable safeguards within the WWANA organization and released only to those with a need to know or in accordance with a limited license, and not subject to reverse-engineering or independent discovery or duplication without substantial expertise or by improper means.
Further, Members and users agree that their uses of the Proprietary Information under the limited license granted herein shall be solely in furtherance of the Mission. Members and users acknowledge that any other use of Proprietary Information, including but not limited to unauthorized copying, editing or publication to third-parties, constitutes misappropriation which may subject the offending user to civil and/or criminal liability as well as the remedies set forth above.
Finally, Members and users acknowledge that Proprietary Information shall not be used in any circumstances detrimental to or competitive with WWANA, and that any such misuse may subject the offending user to civil and/or criminal liability as well as the remedies set forth above.
If, in WWANA’s sole discretion, a user is found to be in breach of these terms, WWANA reserves the right to terminate this license as well as the offending user’s membership status. WWANA expressly reserves all other rights and remedies available in the event of such a breach.
Members and users agree that the WWANA membership experience may be devalued by or users who violate these Terms & Conditions to the detriment of the WWANA user community. To maintain the ongoing high quality of our community, Members and users agree to the following acceptable uses of the Services and Proprietary Information:
- To use the Services and Proprietary Information only in accordance with the Terms & Conditions
- To maintain control over the secrecy of all access information, including usernames and passwords, used to gain access to the Services and Proprietary Information
- To refrain from any activity that is detrimental to WWANA members, including posting disparaging information about other members
- To refrain from any activity that is competitive with or detrimental to WWANA or any of its affiliates or partners
- To refrain from any activity identified as fraudulent or without authorization under Title 18 U.S. Code Sec. 1030, including the reproduction, duplication, copying, selling or trading of the Services or Proprietary Information; the transmission through or implementation in the Services or Proprietary Information of adware, malware or computer viruses; and/or the deletion or interruption of the Services or Proprietary Information, with the exception of the user’s personal information when done in accordance with the membership agreement
- To refrain from any other conduct which might place WWANA Members and users or WWANA itself in a negative light
- User authorizes WWANA to contact the Internet provider in control of the site on which any such statements are posted and demand immediate removal of the statements
- To the extent such statements are posted on a site controlled solely by the user, user agrees to immediately remove the statements upon notification by WWANA and, should user refuse to do so, user will be responsible for WWANA’s reasonable fees and expenses to seek removal of the statements
- User agrees that such statements have caused WWANA and/or its membership community to suffer immediate, irreparable harm sufficient to warrant a court to award temporary injunctive relief should such relief be necessary for removal of the statements
- User agrees to cooperate in every respect with regard to the removal of such statements, including to execute any documents necessary to effect the removal
If, in WWANA’s sole discretion, a user is to be in breach of these terms, WWANA reserves the right to terminate this license as well as the offending user’s membership status. WWANA expressly reserves all other rights and remedies available in the event of such a breach.
Limitation of Liability / Legal Conditions
Members and users agree that the Services and Proprietary Information are made available as-is, with all faults and without any express or implied warranties of any type. Members and users further agree that WWANA is a service provider as that term is understood under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. As such, Members and users understand that WWANA is immune from tort liability with respect to, inter alia, liability for false, misleading, or defamatory information or content that may be contained within the website provided, that was posted or provided by third-parties.
Members and users expressly waive any and all warranty claims, and WWANA expressly disclaims all warranties, including:
- warranties of merchantability
- warranties of fitness for a particular purpose
- warranties related to infringement of third-party rights
- warranties related to accuracy or completeness of information provided by WWANA or its members
- warranties that the Services or Proprietary Information will be free from disruption or malicious problems such as viruses
- warranties that membership in WWANA or use of the Services or Proprietary Information will yield a particular business result or otherwise enhance the user’s career in any way
- warranties related to the utility, reliability or safety of third-party sites or content referenced or linked to by the Services or Proprietary Information, and WWANA specifically disclaims any endorsement of or control over any content provided by any third-party source
Members and users agree to indemnify and hold harmless WWANA from any losses, damages, claims, demands or obligations arising out of Members’ breach of these Terms & Conditions. Members and users agree to bear sole responsibility for such breach and to remunerate WWANA for any expense or burden whatsoever associated with such breach, including the payment of reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Members and users are 100% responsible for the content that they post to WWANA’s website. Accordingly, the Member and user agree and hereby holds WWANA harmless and agrees to indemnify WWANA from any damages, suits, actions, or liabilities that arise out of the Members and users postings with respect to any cause of action whatsoever, including but not limited to, defamatory remarks or publications, trademark or copyright infringement, or infringement of any intellectual property right. WWANA’s maximum liability and Members’ sole remedy for any cause whatsoever shall be limited to the amount of a user’s membership dues. WWANA shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever associated with Members’ membership or use of the Services or Proprietary Information or any interruption of same. Should any term of Members’ agreement with WWANA be found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unconscionable or otherwise invalid or unenforceable, all other terms shall continue in full force and effect.
Choice of Law / Arbitration
Members and users agree that all disputes shall be governed by the law of New York State, without regard to any other principles, including conflicts of law, comity of nations or any United Nations convention, except that Members and users agree that “misappropriation” as defined in the Uniform Trade Secrets Act shall govern with respect to controversies or actions sounding misappropriation of trade secrets and/or the use of WWANA Proprietary Information. Only those disputes arising out of WWANA membership or WWANA’s delivery of Service and/or Products to its Members or users shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the U.S. Arbitration Act, as administered by the American Arbitration Association. Members and users agree that any arbitration should be held within the City of New York, New York, before a panel of three neutral arbitrators. Further, Members and users agree that any arbitration award in favor of Members and/or users under these Terms & Conditions shall not include any consequential, exemplary, special or punitive damages. Members and users agree that the result of any such arbitration shall remain confidential and subject to the entry of a suitable non-disclosure order. Any other suits or choses in action, not specifically referenced above as being arbitrated, must be venued and/or commenced in the New York State Supreme Court, New York County (Manhattan). Nothing contained in this paragraph shall limit or otherwise prohibit WWANA from invoking the jurisdiction of the New York Sate Supreme Court to obtain any form of injunctive or equitable relief.